Monday 25 May 2015

AFRICA day: 25 May 2015

A dedication to the women and the girls of our country...our nation...our continent!
Make AFRICA day count wherever you are!
Excerpt from 'Fathers of the nation'...and poems 'The battle is on' and 'Butterfly' from my anthology...'Healing for Africa poetry"

Fathers of the nation…Where are you?
Mothers are on their knees
Children are smoking marijuana and meth
Exploring with mandrax and sex
You HAVE to take up your God-given task
Mothers are crying and children are dying!

The battle is on
I am born for a reason
For you to see and me to be
You come like a thief
To steal and destroy
You entice me with your lies…
Worldly pleasure you want me to treasure
Go away evil one! Go away!
You predator!
Making me your personal slave
At your command to rock and rave!
A sexual idol to make me suicidal
You rob me of my innocence
Lust and infidelity ignore my plea
For my virginity!
Go away evil one! Go away!
I am born with a destiny
Predestined for me until eternity
I am fearfully and wonderfully made
My birth was not a mistake
You have NO power over me evil one!
I have the tools to declare your work undone
I am born for a reason
For you to see and me to be
Go away….Go away!!

Butterfly
In the darkness of the night
I saw a cocoon-like creature on a leave
I watched
I prayed
From one in-star to the next
Baffled, bewildered and perplexed
It shed its skin
The shapeless worm-like creature
Transforms into a miracle
As it emerges with compound eyes
And blood is pumped into its wings
The sun gives birth to the colours of the rainbow
And sends the newborn into space
Held firmly in the palm of the One who offers grace
Spread your wings and fly... butterfly
Be aware of the evil one
Use the strength of your wings
And declare his work undone
Spread your wings and fly...butterfly

From my anthology: Healing for Africa poetry
Madge du Preez ©

No comments:

Post a Comment