Monday 11 May 2015

From my anthology...


As a leader

I believe in myself
I value myself, I know myself and I propel myself
I thrive in an innovation-driven environment
I develop the people around me
I recognise their worth
I give praise where praise is due
I place high value on relationships
I am comfortable with diversity
I respect all people
I confront issues directly
I don’t regard status as a threat
I do not label myself or allow others to do so
I value the input of others
I lead from the centre and I ask big-picture questions
I do not conform to masculinity I have a style that serves
I know my strengths and my weaknesses
I don’t pretend to know it all
I revise strategies in the face of impediments
I value the existence of teamwork
I can lead and I can follow
I fail, but I’m not a failure
I care about others and I respect their frame of reference
I believe in a shared vision
I break through barriers
I do not compromise my values
I promote good citizenship
I advocate the gift of giving
I motivate myself and others to action
I laugh and sing and dance
I believe in optimism and tenacity
I know my source of strength
I believe that vision is the audacity to see the invisible
I love myself
But most of all…
As a leader…I am leaving a legacy


 © Madge du Preez
  From my anthology: Healing for Africa poetry

No comments:

Post a Comment